What to do after the harvest
- Young leaves can be simply rinsed and eaten raw (think salad or smoothie.)
- Older, more bitter leaves are more palatable after blanching: add to boiling water for 2 min, then drain. Repeat if necessary. Such a treatment will take away some of the nutrients, but you can save the stock, which also promotes digestion.
- To preserve a large harvest for off-season enjoyment, blanch and freeze.
A few recipes:
- Crème de Pissenlit (French dandelion soup)
- Hindbeh bi Zeit (Sautéed dandelion greens)